The popular Legends of Localization website has become a new book series! Get ready for Book 2, which is all about EarthBound and how it was localized into English!
With a script by a famous Japanese writer and a game overflowing with Western pop-culture influences, EarthBound stands out as one of Nintendo’s most fascinating localization projects ever. Get ready for hundreds of pages filled with surprising revelations, inside information, obscure trivia, and universal cosmic destruction. This legend of localization doesn’t stink!
- 432 full-color pages
- Hardcover with foil imprint and debossing
- 'Obi'-style jacket / poster
- Scratch-n-Sniff History Card + Postcard
- Written and researched from scratch with tons of exclusive information not found online
- Foreword by Marcus Lindblom, EarthBound's localization director
- Also available separately: 'Passport to MOTHER 2', a helpful booklet full of Japanese tips and tricks and a full language guide for English-speaking fans who want to play through the original Japanese version
The author, Clyde "Tomato" Mandelin, is a professional translator most known for his work on Attack on Titan, One Piece, Dragon Ball, Summer Wars, and Detective Conan/Case Closed. His notable hobby translations include MOTHER 3, Star Ocean, and Bahamut Lagoon.
Are you an educator who wants to use this book in your course syllabus? We offer educational discounts! E-mail email@example.com for more information.