General Shipping Notes
- Except for preorder and/or made-to-order items, we almost always ship merchandise within 1 week, usually in 3 business days or less depending on the order volume.
- We are based out of Tucson, AZ in the United States, and we ship exclusively through the USPS. The further you live from Arizona, the longer your package may take to arrive.
- If your order comes back 'return to sender', we will either refund the cost of the item minus shipping, or you can pay to have it re-shipped.
- We cannot guarantee specific delivery dates (we don't control the post office... yet), and we do not offer refunds for shipping fees if packages are delivered later than expected. If you're in a hurry to receive an order, please send an email to email@example.com and we'll do our best to get it shipped off ASAP!
All of our domestic (US) shipping classes offer tracking, but vary in price/speed:
- Express Mail is very expensive and fast. These packages usually arrive overnight, but sometimes take 2 days. We cannot guarantee when packages will arrive. Express packages that arrive later than expected due to USPS delays are not eligible for a refund (see the USPS money-back guarantee).
- Priority Mail is our standard shipping class. These packages usually arrive in 2 - 3 days.
- First Class is an inexpensive, moderately fast option for small orders. These packages usually arrive in 2 - 5 days.
- Media Mail is an inexpensive but slow option for shipping heavy media such as books. These packages usually arrive in 3-10+ days, but are more prone to be lost/delayed.
We ship international orders to almost anywhere in the world! Here's an explanation of our three international shipping classes:
- Express Mail International is very expensive, very fast, and offers detailed tracking. These packages usually arrive in about 1 week, but we cannot guarantee delivery times. Express packages which arrive later than expected due to USPS delays are not eligible for a refund (see the USPS money-back guarantee).
- Priority Mail International is expensive, fast, and trackable. These packages usually arrive in about 2-3 weeks. This type of shipping is good -- and sometimes required -- if your country’s customs agents are evil (looking at you, South America)!
- International First Class is inexpensive, slow, and trackable for some countries*. These packages usually arrive within 2 - 5 weeks. This shipping class is somewhat prone to getting lost/seized, so it is not recommended for important or date-sensitive shipments. *Tracking is available only to: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Ireland, Israel, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, Sweden, & Switzerland.
- IPA is very inexpensive, slow, and does not provide tracking. These packages usually arrive within 2 - 6 weeks. This shipping class is somewhat prone to getting lost/seized, so it is not recommended for important or date-sensitive shipments.
WARNING: You can save money with International First Class or IPA, but you accept the risk that your package could get lost! This has happened to a small percentage of our international customers. If your package does not have tracking and gets lost in the mail, you have two options: either pay for the cost of reshipping, or get a refund minus the cost of shipping.
This is a ‘mulligan’ for people who are not experienced with international ordering, so you only get to use it once! If it happens again later, we will not offer any refunds, so you’ll have to place a brand new order. We apologize for this inconvenience, but we’ve lost too much money to inefficient postal services around the world. If your country’s post sucks, play it safe with International Express or Priority!
For coupon codes with a cost prerequisite, shipping fees and/or taxes do not count towards meeting their requirement. Coupon codes are only applicable to your subtotal, and will not discount shipping.
We occasionally offer free or discounted shipping options as part of a promotional sale. If you choose a free or discounted shipping option, we will ship your order via parcel post or first-class USPS mail. These shipping options can sometimes be slow and don't always offer great tracking, so if you want speed and/or peace of mind, consider upgrading to Priority shipping!
Orders with free/discounted shipping will not ship until all items are available. This means that your order may be delayed if you've purchased 'preorder' items or 'made to order' items. You can avoid this in one of two ways:
- Place two separate orders -- one with the stuff you want now, and one with the stuff you don't mind waiting for.
- Choose a 'regular' shipping option (any option without 'free' or 'discounted' in the title) and we'll split-ship it for you as detailed below.
We will split-ship (at no extra charge) any U.S. order with non-discounted shipping if it contains preorder items or items that are made to order that will not be available for more than 2 weeks. A few caveats:
- Orders with free or discounted shipping will not be split shipped (see above).
- We cannot split-ship international orders due to the high cost of shipping.
- For domestic (US) orders, we split-ship via First Class Mail when possible, regardless of which shipping rate you paid for.
- Priority Class orders may be split shipped into two First Class packages if the contents of the order don't easily fit together, or if they might damage each other in transit (e.g. a flat giclée shipping alongside a rolled poster).
If you've got any questions, concerns, or would like your items faster, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or just ask us in the chat below on the bottom left.
Returns, Exchanges, and Refunds
If you’ve got a problem with your order, contact us within 30 days of your order’s shipping date (45 days for international orders) and we’ll be glad to get things fixed up.
- If we made a mistake with your order, we’ll do whatever it takes to make it right. Just contact us and we’ll take care of the rest. If we need you to ship something back to us, we’ll cover the cost of postage, so don’t worry :)
- If you made a mistake when you ordered (wrong size, changed your mind, wrong address, etc) you’re welcome to request an exchange/refund/re-ship. All we ask is for any returned items to be in good condition and that you cover any shipping charges which come up. Contact us and we’ll let you know how to proceed! We are more than happy to provide a refund, but we can only refund the cost of the item; we will not refund the cost of shipping.
- For exchanges, please request and send your exchange within 30 days if you're in the US, or 60 days if you're elsewhere in the world. Otherwise, we may put your held item back on the shelf to be sold. We may attempt to hold your item while you mail your exchange, but we make no guarantees on exchange availability.
- People are usually happy with our stuff, so we never charge restocking fees.
Inventory and Oversells
Due to the way our inventory system works, we will occasionally find ourselves prematurely sold-out of a certain item. This also sometimes happens with returns and cash payments — between the time your return/payment is sent and the time we receive it, we may sell out of the item you want. In cases like these we'll offer a refund or a replacement for a similar item.
Since most of our merchandise is handmade, it’s common for small things to be out of place. Here's a non-exhaustive list of things that you shouldn't be too surprised to find:
- Flecks and minor variations in the print.
- Variations in the fabric color. Sometimes, especially for large/small/womens sizes, we have to use different brands.
- Stray shirt threads.
- Sticky residue. This is from the light adhesive our printer sometimes uses to keep the shirts from shifting during print — it washes off easily.
- Gaps or buildup in the ink when printed on/around seams.
- Faint chemical smell. This is a result of the discharge printing inks — it's gone after the first wash.
- Small spots of discoloration or dust on the shirt. This is usually from the printing press and, like everything, generally washes right out.
- Two different shirts of the same size being slightly larger or smaller than each other.
- Slightly bent/worn edges on posters. We do our best to keep them clean, but shipping can be a little rough.
- Minor chips or spots on handmade products such as figurines and mugs.
Please keep this in mind when buying — we do our best to deliver great products, but we’re not robots!
There are only a handful of instances in which our customers have to pay taxes or additional fees beyond our shipping costs:
- Residents of Arizona must pay a state tax of 6.1%.
- Shipping addresses to Washington State must pay a sales tax based on the destination (about 6-9% depending on location).
- Some countries, especially those in Europe, tax their citizens for incoming packages. (Royal Mail in the UK is particularly bad, as they sometimes add customs fees and an £8 handling fee on top of the VAT!) You have to pay these fees when you get your package, so please be aware of your country’s tax policy before you order. Also, we cannot mark shipments as gifts.