Shipping / Returns
Returns, Exchanges, and Refunds
If you’ve got a problem with your order, contact us within 30 days of your order’s shipping date (45 days for international orders) and we’ll be glad to get things fixed up.
- If we made a mistake with your order, we’ll do whatever it takes to make it right. Just contact us and we’ll take care of the rest. If we need you to ship something back to us, we’ll cover the cost of postage, so don’t worry :)
- If you made a mistake when you ordered (wrong size, changed your mind, wrong address, etc) you’re welcome to request an exchange/refund/re-ship. All we ask is for any returned items to be in good condition and that you cover any shipping charges which come up. Contact us and we’ll let you know how to proceed! We are more than happy to provide a refund, but we can only refund the cost of the item; we will not refund the cost of shipping.
- For exchanges, please request and send your exchange within 30 days if you're in the US, or 60 days if you're elsewhere in the world. Otherwise, we may put your held item back on the shelf to be sold. We may attempt to hold your item while you mail your exchange, but we make no guarantees on exchange availability.
- People are usually happy with our stuff, so we never charge restocking fees.
- Pre-orders are charged at the time of purchase, not when we ship them out.
- Some pre-orders may be required to be ordered separately from other items.
- If you need to cancel or change a pre-order, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- We are based out of Tucson, AZ in the United States. We ship most domestic packages through the USPS or UPS and internationally via DHL eCommerce or UPS Express. The further you live from Arizona, the longer your package may take to arrive.
- If your order comes back 'return to sender', we will either refund the cost of the item minus shipping, or you can pay to have it re-shipped.
- We cannot guarantee specific delivery dates (we don't control the post office... yet), and we do not offer refunds for shipping fees if packages are delivered later than expected. If you're in a hurry to receive an order, please send an email to email@example.com and we'll do our best to get it shipped off ASAP!
All of our domestic (US) shipping classes offer tracking, but vary in price/speed:
- Express Mail/UPS Next Day Saver/UPS 2nd Day are very expensive and fast. These packages usually arrive overnight, but sometimes take 2 days based on when your order is placed. We cannot guarantee when packages will arrive. USPS Express packages that arrive later than expected due to USPS delays are not eligible for a refund (see the USPS money-back guarantee). UPS does not pick up or deliver packages on weekends or holidays.
- Priority Mail is a faster shipping class offered above Standard in some instances. These packages usually arrive in 2 - 3 days after being shipped.
- Standard is an inexpensive, moderately fast option for any order. These packages usually arrive in 2 - 6 days. (Book orders may take a couple of additional extra days to arrive.) Standard may ship via USPS or UPS Ground depending on your location, though if you have a preference, please state this in your comments to the mailroom or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ship international orders to almost anywhere in the world! Here's an explanation of our three international shipping classes:
- UPS Express/Expedited is expensive, very fast, and offers detailed door-to-door tracking. These packages usually have a time-in-transit after shipping of 2-5 days, but we cannot guarantee delivery times. In addition, the cost typically includes customs and duty so this may help avoid hidden fees when your package arrives. (See below taxes section for details.) This type of shipping is good -- and sometimes required -- if your country’s customs agents are evil (looking at you, South America)! Packages sent this way are signature-required, so you must either be at your address, or take advantage of UPS's reroute-to-store options (check UPS.com for availability).
- IPA and DHL eCommerce Plus is very inexpensive and slow. IPA does not offer tracking, while DHL eCommerce Plus does allow tracking. These packages usually arrive within 2 - 6 weeks. This shipping class is usually very reliable. Both methods go the same way as it utilizes your local postal service, however, so if you frequently have lost/stolen mail, it may not be the best choice.
- Some countries may offer other rare classes, please contact us for any questions!
WARNING: IPA and DHL Plus is generally reliable in all the countries that we offer it to, but if your order is lost, we will re-ship it once at no charge or offer a refund. If it goes missing twice, we will not replace it a second time, as this indicates an issue with the address or the local postal service. The best way to prevent lost or returned orders is to ensure your address is correctly formatted, is not missing any apartment or unit numbers, and to make sure that it isn't waiting for a customs payment.
For customer service codes with a cost prerequisite, shipping fees and/or taxes do not count towards meeting their requirement. Coupon codes are only applicable to your subtotal, and will not discount shipping.
We occasionally offer free or discounted shipping options as part of a promotional sale. If you choose a free or discounted shipping option, we will ship your order via the Standard shipping class. These shipping options can sometimes be slow, and may take up to a week or more to deliver. If you need your item in a hurry, please upgrade to UPS Next Day or 2nd Day.
Orders with free/discounted shipping will not ship until all items are available. This means that your order may be delayed if you've purchased 'preorder' items or 'made to order' items. You can avoid this in one of two ways:
- Place two separate orders -- one with the stuff you want now, and one with the stuff you don't mind waiting for.
- Choose a 'regular' shipping option (any option without 'free' or 'discounted' in the title) and we'll split-ship it for you as detailed below.
- If an order contains a preorder item, the order will only ship when all items are ready. (Please order preorder items separately if you would like your other items sooner.)
- Larger orders may be split shipped into two Standard packages if the contents of the order don't easily fit together, or if they might damage each other in transit (e.g. a book shipping alongside a rolled poster).
- Orders made via Express Mail, Priority Mail International or UPS Expedited that contain preorders will not split, and will only ship when the entire order is ready.
If you've got any questions, concerns, or would like your items faster, email us at email@example.com, or just ask us in the contact box below on the bottom right.
Due to the way our inventory system works, we will occasionally find ourselves prematurely sold-out of a certain item. In cases like these we'll contact you and offer a refund or a replacement for a similar item.
Some items are limited on a per-customer basis. This lifetime limit is per-customer and we may automatically cancel and refund orders if you order over the allowed amount. A single customer drop-shipping to multiple addresses also counts towards this per-customer limit.
Since most of our merchandise is handmade, it’s common for small things to be out of place. Here's a non-exhaustive list of things that you shouldn't be too surprised to find:
- Flecks and minor variations in the print.
- Variations in the fabric color. Sometimes, especially for large/small/womens sizes, we have to use different brands.
- Stray shirt threads.
- Sticky residue. This is from the light adhesive our printer sometimes uses to keep the shirts from shifting during print — it washes off easily.
- Gaps or buildup in the ink when printed on/around seams.
- Faint chemical smell. This is a result of the discharge printing inks — it's gone after the first wash.
- Small spots of discoloration or dust on the shirt. This is usually from the printing press and, like everything, generally washes right out.
- Two different shirts of the same size being slightly larger or smaller than each other.
- Slightly bent/worn edges on posters. We do our best to keep them clean, but shipping can be a little rough.
- Minor chips or spots on handmade products such as figurines and mugs.
Please keep this in mind when buying — we do our best to deliver great products, but we’re not robots!
There are only a handful of instances in which our customers have to pay taxes or additional fees beyond our shipping costs:
- Residents of Arizona must pay a state tax of 6.1%.
- Shipping addresses to Washington State must pay a sales tax based on the destination (about 6-10% depending on location).
- Most of our shipping methods internationally are considered to be shipped "DDU", which means we do not pay customs or duties and you may be charged this to receive your order. (Royal Mail in the UK is particularly bad, as they sometimes add customs fees and an £11 handling fee on top of the VAT!) You have to pay these fees when you get your package, so please be aware of your country’s tax policy before you order. Also, we cannot mark shipments as gifts. Fangamer is not responsible for any additional taxes, fees, logistics, or other additional charges required by your local government or delivery service to receive your package.
- Some shipping methods, such as UPS Express/Expedited or DHL eCommerce Direct may offer some or all prepaid customs charges included in the cost of transportation to avoid long lines at a postal office and extra fees. Certain shipments, such very large orders or packages to certain countries, may require additional fees, additional identification, and/or to pick the item(s) up in person at a certain facility. Fangamer is not responsible for any additional taxes, fees, logistics, or other additional charges required by your local government or delivery service to receive your package.
- LEGAL TEXT REGARDING PREPAID CUSTOMS: The goods will be imported on behalf of the consignee/ebuyer. The consignee authorizes Fangamer to import the goods on his behalf. Further, the consignee/buyer agrees that Fangamer may delegate the obligation to import the goods on his behalf to a subcontractor. The consignee will pay the taxes & duties in addition with the purchase price of the goods.